Trevor Visitors Centre
Completed in June 2005, this project involved the re-construction of a listed building to form a new Visitors Centre at the Pontcysyllte aqueduct near Llangollen, North Wales.
Constructed on made up ground, on a canalside embankment, the existing building was in poor condition and had major structural defects caused by a lack of foundations. A substantial section of the building therefore required re-building re-using salvaged materials wherever possible.
The project was finished within budget and on schedule ready for 200th anniversary celebrations planned for the aqueduct in November 2005.
What we did…
David Trowler Associates acted as Lead Consultant and provided a comprehensive range of services including :
- Condition and measured surveys of existing building
- Obtaining statutory approvals including listed building consent
- Design of re-construction works
- Preparation of detailed drawings and specification
- Contract Administration
- Planning Supervisors Services